Saturday, March 26, 2016

Toys of the Rich

I began filming a couple of days ago and I took a shot of two boats and a jet skit parked by a dock. I really love this shot and I enjoyed filming it because it will be a very useful addition to my film as it will help express the wealth of the family in my piece. Besides this shot, I still need to film affluent homes around the lagoon and also poor homes around the inland. My film opening is going to be filled with the contrast made by the two which will help me create one of the conflicts of the film which is the way that the unequal distribution of wealth affects people and their society. I have already shot one of my introductions for a character in this piece, a teenage boy. In the scene he is playing soccer and I made this decision because I wanted to show this characters happiness and one of the hobbies that he engages in. I still have left to film two other characters which I believe will be the mother and father of the little boy. For the mother I want to depict her relaxing and unencumbered by any worries. This will show that because of the great amount of wealth that she has she needs not to worry about anything, she doesn't even need to have a job. A picture of the scene with the toys of the rich is below. 


1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed scrolling through and reading your blog. I think your blog posts are just the right amount of information mixed with your personal thoughts. I'm really intrigued by the idea of your opening and love that your filming in a different country. The shots that you have posted thus far are visually appealing and I know you stated in one of your blogs that's what you were going for when creating your opening. Overall I think your project is really well and truly portrays that you have put a lot of time ans effort incorporating all of the details!

    ReplyDelete