Friday, March 18, 2016

Brightness


Today I re-watched the movie Mad Max: Fury Road. It was a very entertaining movie as it was filled with action, quality sound and beautiful scenery. The gorgeous setting of the film aided this movie in being very visually appealing. Some of the most attractive feature of the visuals in this film were the bright, stinging colors. Throughout the piece there was a kaleidoscope of attractive colors such as the orange of the desert, the deep blue of the night and the rusty red from the flames and explosions. This piece has inspired me in terms of what I want my production to look like. Although I cannot replicate the intense color and contrast in Mad Max: Fury Road, I can seek out settings and shots that contain contrast and brightness. Luckily for me, I will be spending my spring break at a lagoon house in Mexico. This will allow me to create beautiful shots for my piece as I will be shooting in a gorgeous place. I will have lots of opportunities to do more with my film in terms of visuals because of my staying by a lagoon. This is a good thing to happen to me, as my piece is going to be very setting based. I am excited to begin filming. Also, I recently bought a tripod so I can make steady shots, tilts and pans for my film! 

"Mad Max Movie." Mad Max Movie. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Mar. 2016. 

No comments:

Post a Comment