Saturday, March 12, 2016

2+2

Up until today I haven't been certain about the storyline for my movie. Ive been contemplating different things that I could do with my piece and I want to focus on setting and character. I want to develop the small amount of character traits in my film through visual clues instead of dialogue. This will create mystery within my piece and keep audiences wanting to watch more. I learned about this idea from watching a Ted Talk by the director, screen writer and producer Andrew Stanton. In this video he argued that the key to making a successful story and drawing people in is not by giving them "4" but by giving them "2+2". This will keep people interested in the piece and wanting to know how it ends. This will be a very useful tool in my project as through using visual clues to create characterization the audience will have to make inferences based on what I've shown. This will effectively keep them wanting to know more while watching my film. 


Stanton, Andrew. "Andrew Stanton: The Clues to a Great Story." YouTube. YouTube, 21 Mar. 2012. Web. 12 Mar. 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment