Thursday, March 10, 2016

Avoiding Mistakes

Hi, I'm Julienne. This is my blog in which I will be documenting my process of creating a film opening for AICE Media Studies. So far I've known one thing for certain, I want my piece to be very visually appealing. The opening of any movie needs to capture the attention of audiences and  I intend to do that by creating an attractive scene through visuals. Besides the appeal of the opening, I also want to make sure that the first shot in my movie has significance in relation to the message of my film. The first shot in any film is extremely important as it the first glimpse that the audience has into a piece. Therefore, I want to find a creative and meaningful way to introduce my movie. 

So far, as I've been preparing to create this film I've been looking at several resources concerning filmmaking. One video that I've watched is called "Top 15 Mistakes Beginner Filmmakers Make" by the channel D4Darious on youtube. The person who made this video gives several examples of mistakes that an amateur filmmaker should try and avoid as they are very common in this industry. One of the most impactful things that he said was to try not to film in front of white walls. White walls are very typically used by new filmmakers who do not understand how to take advantage of background in film. Besides that it is not visually appealing and it shows that you might be filming in your house. Of course theres nothing wrong with filming at home, but choosing a more decorated set will help your piece look more professional and less homemade. Thanks to this I will be avoiding plain backgrounds in my piece so that I can create a more interesting film. 


"Top 15 Mistakes Beginner Filmmakers Make." YouTube. Ed. Darious Britt. YouTube, 20 Jan. 2015. Web. 10 Mar. 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment