Saturday, March 12, 2016

The Spielberg Oner

I recently saw a video about long takes created by Tony Zhou for his youtube channel Every Frame a Painting. It's called "The Spielberg oner" and here Tony talks about all of the things that make a long take successful. Some of these things are creating panning or tilting shots to keep the eye interested, having the camera move with the actors through different settings, and having the actors move around and do things. This allows there to always be some kind of change in the scene which keeps it visually interesting. If long takes were to be long scenes with no movement whatsoever they would be extremely boring to watch. The eye naturally gets tired of looking at something for a while, therefore it makes sense that successful long takes are busy in nature. For my piece I want to emulate this idea through having enough character movement as to where the scene is still interesting to look at. Characters are going to be a focal part of my film, and therefore having them move around will be very appropriate in relation to my piece. By doing this I will be able to use something in the content of my film to make it interesting to watch.


"The Spielberg Oner." YouTube. Ed. Tony Zhou. YouTube, 06 May 2014. Web. 12 Mar. 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment