Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Tone

Throughout my time working on this project I've had an idea of what tone I want to capture in my film. I decided that I want the tone to be similar to the opening of the movie The Perks of Being a Wallflower which was directed by Stephen Chbosky. The beginning of this movie creates tone through mise en scene and sound. The song that plays during the opening is called "Could it be Another Change?" by The Samples. This song is very mellow and it helps establish the gloomy tone of the beginning of the film. For the mise en scene elements, the scene is filmed from the back of a moving car that shows the tunnel that it is traveling through. This tunnel later becomes very important in the film as it where the main character, Charlie, begins to feel a sense of importance and happiness. I want to use this idea because I want whatever I show in the first two minutes of my movie to be important and significant to the rest of my story. Besides that, it adds to the gloomy tone of the beginning because of all the plain neutral colors and dark lighting of the tunnel. The only thing that I do not want to use from this opening is the little amount of technique in cinematography that is utilized. It is very simple as the camera sits in one place on the car as it moves through the tunnel. Therefore I can use some of the elements of the beginning of The Perks of Being a Wallflower as inspiration while leaving the negative aspects of it behind. 



"Perks of Being a Wallflower." The Perks of Being a Wallflower. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Mar. 2016. <http%3A%2F%2Fperks-of-being-a-wallflower.com>.

"The Perks of Being a Wallflower." Movie Posters From Movie Poster Shop. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Mar. 2016. <http://www.moviepostershop.com/the-perks-of-being-a-wallflower-movie-poster-2012>.

"The Samples - Could It Be Another Change." Youtube. YouTube, 1 Mar. 2013. Web. 16 Mar. 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment